Do you have trouble keeping your kitchen clean and odor-free? If so, you might consider cleaning your kitchen exhaust fan. By regularly cleaning your kitchen exhaust fan, you can ensure that it removes grease, smoke, steam, and odors from the air as you cook and prevent any buildup of debris in the filter. In this blog post, we’ll discuss how to clean the kitchen exhaust fan so you can keep your kitchen fresh and odor-free.
What is a kitchen exhaust fan?
The kitchen exhaust fan is a crucial part of any home kitchen. This fan helps to pull grease, smoke, steam, and odors out of the air while cooking. The fan draws air into the hood, trapping the oil and other particles on the filter and expelling the air outside.
Without a properly functioning kitchen exhaust fan, your kitchen can become filled with smoke, grease, and odors. It can also create a hazardous environment for you and your family if these fumes are not exhausted properly. A clean and well-maintained kitchen exhaust fan is essential for keeping your kitchen fresh and odor-free.
Different ways of How to Clean Kitchen Exhaust Fan
Gather your materials in steps
Here are the materials you’ll need to get the job done:
- Vacuum cleaner with an appropriate attachment
- Small brush
- Soft cloth
- A degreaser or all-purpose cleaner
- Washing detergent
Remove the filter
It’s a relatively easy task that can be done quickly with just a few steps.
- First, you’ll need to remove the filter from the fan. To do this, turn off the power to the fan and then carefully unscrew the fan’s cover. Be sure to use the appropriate tools for the job and exercise caution while doing so. Once you’ve removed the mask, you’ll see the filter inside.
- Next, please take out the filter and discard it. Then, use a vacuum cleaner or damp cloth to clean off any dust or debris from the fan housing. Once it’s been cleaned, you can then reinstall the filter in its place and make sure that it is properly secured.
- Finally, turn the power back on to the fan and check to ensure it is running correctly. Once you’ve confirmed it, your kitchen exhaust fan will be clean and ready to go! With regular cleaning and maintenance, you can ensure that your kitchen stays fresh and odor-free.
Must see: How to fill water in Inverter Battery
Clean the rest of the fan
Follow these five steps to get your kitchen exhaust fan clean and running like new.
- Disconnect the power:
Before you begin, turn off the power to the exhaust fan at the circuit breaker.
- Remove the filter:
Remove the metal mesh filter from the fan and rinse with warm, soapy water. Allow it to air dry before reinserting.
- Wipe down the blades:
Take a damp cloth and wipe down the fan blades to remove any dust or debris that may have accumulated over time.
- Clean the motor:
Using a vacuum cleaner, gently suck out any dust or debris that has built up inside the motor housing.
- Reattach the fan:
Reattach the metal mesh filter and reconnect the power to the fan. Please test it out by turning on the fan and checking to ensure it runs smoothly.
Follow these steps to reassemble your kitchen exhaust fan after it has been cleaned:
- Once the fan is clean, reinstall the filter and slide the fan back into its housing.
- Reattach all the mounting screws and rewire the electrical connection.
- Turn the power back on and make sure the fan is working correctly.
- If you’ve removed the range hood, plug in the new one before connecting to an existing range.
- Finally, if you need to dispose of old filters or debris from cleaning, place them in a sealable bag before putting them out with regular trash pickup.
- Now that your kitchen exhaust fan is free of grease and debris buildup, cooking should be more enjoyable!
Cleaning your kitchen exhaust fan is essential to keep your kitchen fresh and odor-free. Regularly cleaning the fan will prevent grease and debris from building up and ensure that your lover works efficiently. First, remove the filter and wash it with hot soapy water to clean your exhaust fan.
Next, vacuum or brush clean any dust, dirt, or other debris from the fan blades. Finally, replace the filter and any necessary parts. Regular cleaning allows you to enjoy a fresh and odor-free kitchen for many years!